I think of fabulous ideas all the time for blog posts, articles, short stories, novels, poems, you name it. I can’t tell you the number of incredible scenarios and colorful characters that have bubbled up to the surface while I’m driving the kids to school or walking the dog. These snippets are so extraordinary, I don’t even need to write them down. They are seared into my mind like a hot iron pressed into virgin flesh. And then, of course, I forget.
I’m sure all of you saw that coming because, unlike me, you are far more serious and organized about your writing life and begin your day armed with pens, papers, i-phone apps or even recording devices to capture such inspired nuggets of genius. I myself own numerous designer mini-notebooks in a variety of colors often adorned with Zen like flower prints. I just don’t know where they are. I suspect my children, who are drawn to wee things, poach them while I’m not looking.
1) In Your Dreams: How our subconscious thoughts end up in our stories
2) Sounds of Silence: When the click click of keys is replaced by the chirp chirp of crickets.
3) Why Can’t We be Friends? How to write characters you’d never meet for coffee.
4) A lot of Alliteration: What works, what wilts.
5) Sleeping with the Enemy: How my toddler is ruining my writing career.
6) Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?: Three authors I’d love to invite for dinner.
7) Your my Hero(ine): My Favorite characters of all time.
8) Author Envy: Five novels I wish I’d written
9) Breaking Bad: Grammar rules worth breaking.
10) Can You Hear Me Now? Picking a point of view.
Do you have a back log of blog post ideas to share?