Post by Jenny
Clearly, I’m not paying close enough attention, because I didn’t know until Friday that the world was possibly going to end the very next day. How would I have possibly explained being caught so unawares? Dentist appointment? Email glitch? But the world did not end on Saturday, and here are ten reasons I’m glad it didn’t:
1. My library books aren’t due for two more weeks.
2. The World Wildlife Fund still owes me the endangered species tote bags I ordered.
3. The Cubs and Red Sox were in the middle of their first series in 93 years. (I know the Sox were allegedly cursed—and the Cubs apparently still are—but I’m guessing that not even the ghosts of Babe Ruth and a vengeful goat can cause the end of days.)
4. I’m going to need at least another month to continue visiting A to Z blogs.
5. I couldn’t figure out what to wear. Clean underwear, yes, but should a person dress for comfort or style? Are slippers permissible?
6. I haven’t finished stealth-nibbling the remains of my boys’ chocolate Easter bunnies.
7. I don’t yet know which five foods are guaranteed to burn belly fat. (But the list no doubt excludes the aforementioned chocolate bunnies.)
8. I was pretty much caught up on my laundry, and, oh, how I would have wanted the satisfaction of leaving a pile of dirty clothes behind.
9. The upcoming 30Rock season finale.
10. Last but certainly not least, I have big plans to someday be a real, honest-to-goodness published writer. Yes, I freely admit to being occasionally inefficient, easily distracted, and procrastinatory. In addition, I'm prone to struggles with self-pity, self-aggrandizement, and self-serve frozen yogurt. But it’s going to take more than those things to stop me, because I fully believe in the power of persistence. And whenever I hear that the world is going to end, and it doesn’t, I feel as though I’ve been given a fresh start. So, bring it on, goat.
What are you glad to be working on today?