The Thanksgiving Post by Cricket McRaes and How Travel Makes us Thankful by Alexis Grant.
Like these two bloggers, I am very thankful for all the wonderful blessings in my life. But, on the flip side, there are some things I am thankful that never happened:
- I am thankful I didn't get my first children's book, Candy Corns and Lollipop, published.
- I am thankful I didn't get a public flogging on national television by Oprah for a book I wrote like James Frey.
- I am thankful I didn't listen to some of the suggestions and critiques of my writing.
- I am thankful I didn't let my shyness get in the way of meeting new people at writers conference and events.
- I am thankful I didn't let a few "no thank yous" by publishers and editors stop me in my quest to get published.